“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt ~
Do you desire to life a joyful life with true satisfaction and purpose? Do you feel stuck where you are and unsure of how to move forward?
Do you want more from your life? Do you feel like something is missing? Are you looking for a change?
I can relate. I know the feeling of always searching for what’s next, of not feeling satisfied with what you have and where you are. It can feel like you are circling around and around one point without moving forward. I have been there before and know it is very difficult to break the cycle without having the tools to make a change.
I was living what I thought to be an average life. I thought, based on my upbringing, that you go to college, get a job, get married, have kids, and live happily ever after, whatever that means. In 2014, I had done all the things I thought I should have in life, but I wasn’t satisfied. I had graduated from college in 2002. I was married in 2003 and had 2 kids by 2006. I was co-owner of my own business, that I loved and was doing pretty well. But for many years, I was on the search for something more. I felt that something was missing from my life and I couldn’t figure out what it was! I would take different and new courses, learn something new, buy something new, upgrade some part of my life. But I didn’t feel fulfilled.
Enter my second Master Instructor Training for Pilates and a new mentor. For the first time in my adult life, I was asked:
• “Why are you living this way?”
• “What is important to you?”
• “What are your values?”
• “What is your purpose in life?”
• To establish a personal mission statement
I was stumped at first and didn’t have the answers to these seemingly simple questions. It hit me, that all the searching for the next, new, better thing to add to my life, wasn’t going to help me feel satisfied. Whatever that new thing was, it wasn’t going to help me feel complete.
Here is the time in my life when I did a lot of soul searching, read a lot of personal development books, listened to countless podcasts on the topic, and finally discovered mindfulness techniques and practices. Almost five years later, a lot of the “What’s” in my life are the same. However, the “Why’s” and the “How’s” are different and I am now living a joyful, fulfilled life of my dreams! I am living my life “On Purpose!” A big a-ha moment for me was the realization that the answer was not outside of myself. This was huge for me. Today I would love to share with you some of the practices that were life changing for me.
If you would like to:
• Design your dream life and clarify your values
• Begin to develop positive habits and live intentionally
• Connect with your authentic self and let go of resistance
And now, the practice you have been waiting for. Here are the 5 steps for creating your dream life!
- Identify what is important to you today. Make time to spend an hour or more looking inside to determine what is most important to you. If there were no barriers, nothing getting in your way, what would your life look like? Ask yourself those questions that were asked to me listed above.
You don’t need to live your life on autopilot, just going through the motions of a life that doesn’t satisfy you fully.
You can choose what is important to you.
You can choose how you want to feel every day!
You can get clear on what you want your life to be.
- Make time for what’s important to you. Once you are very clear on what is important to you and how you want to feel in your life, look at how you spend your time on a regular basis. Without judging your current situation, analyze how you spend your time. Break down your average day and average week in detail. Perhaps create a chart of time spent on work, health, family, self-care, exercise, fun or any other category in your life. Be honest!
You can live your life on purpose.
You can shape your life so that you are doing what is important to you!
- Observe your life as it is today and begin to make changes. Think about what is important to you when you are making decisions. Consider what is important to you when interacting with others.
- Let go of expectations that you have about what your life “should” look like or what others believe is best for you.
- Practice, practice, practice. It will take time to make significant changes to your life. Be patient and loving with yourself as these changes take shape.
If we continue on the same path, with the same old habits, nothing changes. When we don’t know what it is that we desire, how can we know if we are going in the right direction?
On the other hand, when we are connected to what’s important deep down, when we are aligned with our values as a guide, we can create the fulfilled and satisfied life of our dreams.
I hope you choose to live the life of your dreams starting today!
If you want to design your dream life and clarify your values, get started with our free Guided Visualization to Design your Dream Life.
We are creating a course and would love to get your feedback around the topic. We cant to make sure we create content our audience truly needs and wants to ensure powerful transformations occur.